Antique Furniture/Baetz Brothers Furniture Kitchener

Question
Round Side Table
Round Side Table  

Baetz Brothers
Baetz Brothers  
I found a lovely little table at the curb. I have discovered a little about the local history of the manufacturer but would like specific answers about the following if possible:

1.  What is the date in which this piece was made.

2.  Of what type of wood is it made.

3.  What is its current value.

4. Will I ruin it if I sand it down and repaint it.

It was made in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I'm hoping that even though this is Canadian you can help me with it. Thank you.

Answer
use the followup function and show me a picture of the top.

was made between 1914-1920.

the word gilt on the label tells me that the gold color trim you see on the table is original as is the paint.

what type of wood will be a guess since i cannot see the wood grain but most items then in that area would have been birch

do not sand it down, it has original finish.  you should lightly sand the top to smooth it up then use blue painters tape to  tape and paper from the top edge down to the floor and paint the top only.

it would sell in a shop at 150/175 if and only if you restore it as i have suggested, if you sand it down or strip it completely you will make it into a 25$ table.

goo find.

it is a good style in the louis 16 style

Antique Furniture

robert klein