Antique Furniture/Basta Sideboard

Front view
Front view  

Basta stamp
Basta stamp  
Hi Robert,

I would like to know the value of this sideboard and a proximity to when it was made, please? The back shows Basta, and I did find an article about the company stating it started in the early 1900s, but I can't find a piece like this to get a general idea of its value. The top drawer is one long drawer. Needs a bitbof work , but it has great bones...and potential. Thanks!

This is a reproduction of an 1820-50s sideboard in the empire style.
It should be in mahogany and mahogany veneers.  The finish looks to be original with the expected darkening due to age, temperature and humidity changes over time.  I place this between 1910-1915.  All too often these are claimed to be from 1840 due to the design, and sold as such to unknowing buyers and uncaring sellers.

as shown it would sell at auction at 450, waxed up properly it would sell at 800.  in shop pricing.

here is a picture link to the company advertisement showing a sideboard.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.