Antique Furniture/Berkey and Gay Cedar Dresser Chest

Berkey chest/drawers
Berkey chest/drawers  

I am assisting my aunt with an estate sale and wondering if this piece is being price correctly.  It is a very interesting and well maintained Berkey and Gay cedar dresser with a top cedar chest.  I have researched the stamps can give an estimate for age but what about value?  

Thank you in advance,

Hi Jackie,

Your chest was most likely made in the 1930-1940's.

As for value, depending what part of the country you are in I feel that
$275. to $350. would be the range. to an interested party.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.