Antique Furniture/Dining furniture set

Table code
Table code  

I would appreciate expertise analyzing a dining room set (table & 6 chairs, sideboard, buffet, china hutch).  Based on family knowledge it was purchased late in late 1928 or early 1929 in Philadelphia.  There don't appear to be any labels on any of the pieces to better identify them, just a code (pictured) and some cursive we can't decipher (not pictured).

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately there is not way to document what company made your set. I do agree
that is was made in the late 1920's since just about every furniture company was
producing the Jacobean style of furniture.

Judging by the execution and quality level I would say that this is not a high-end
set. Therefore, I feel the entire set has a value of $850. to $1,000. to an
interested buyer.  

Good Luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.