Antique Furniture/Drop leaf gateleg table

Table top
Table top  

Table bottom
Table bottom  
Hi. I recently purchased a table for $10 and was told by the owner that it was her dinner table growing up. I'm assuming it's from the 20s. We have sanded it down and put an antiquing wax on it.. so the condition is much better now than in the pictures.

Hi Amanda,

Since you did not forward a question, I am assuming you are looking for a value.

For tables like yours there is no history available to support it since it was
an inexpensive table when new, maybe costing $10. to $15.

With part of the one leaf broken off and not knowing if you have the missing piece
I can tell you that the table has very little value. Perhaps not much more than
you paid for it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.