Antique Furniture/End table or nightstand.... Not sure

This was my mothers.  She received it from her aunt 40+ years ago.  I have no idea when my great aunt received it but I know it was in her home when I was a child.  (I am 55). I have looked and can find no marking/name/label.  I have asked and can find no one with an answer.  What is it called and what is it valued at?   Thanks!!

Hi Corinne,

From what I am able to see in your photos what you have is commonly referred to
as a work table. It appears to have been made in the late 1920's to 1930's..
The original style was used for keeping such items as ladies sewing articles in.

With all the furniture that was made in this country it is impossible to provide
a makers name.

Being familiar wit this style of table in it's antique form what I can tell you
is that it is not of high quality construction.

Therefore I place a value of $250. to $275 on it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.