Antique Furniture/Flat desk value

Flat desk, episcopalion churc
Flat desk, episcopalio  

#2flat desk
#2flat desk  
Hello I have a desk that was in an Episcopalian Church that is for sale it is very heavy it has dovetail drawers and beautiful fish carvings as a pedestal base I'm attaching a photo I am needing to know what you feel the price would be of such a piece.  I do have a couple more pictures if needed there is also a shield carving underneath the desk. Thank You Gina

Hi Gina,

While trying to study your photos,  it appears that there are missing drawers
and the finish looks to be in poor condition.

Value is always based on condition since restoration costs are high for
restoring pieces like this.  Also you need to take into consideration
the interest level for dinosaur style furniture.

As the desk sits I place a value of $200. to $250. for it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.