Antique Furniture/HP Robertson Co Value

HP Robertson
HP Robertson  

HP Robertson Desk 2
HP Robertson Desk 2  
Hi, Could you please help me with approximate value of this writing desk?  Sticker reads: HP Roberton Tables, Jamestown, New York. It was a middle drawer and two side drawers as well as section that lifts up for organizing space. H33.5x D20x W41 approx. And any info about what wood it is made from and year made? THANKS!!

high quality spinnet desk in mahogany veneer, legs are porobably sweet gum or tulip poplar.  factory finish and staining to cordovan mahogany color.  Very popular color in the 1910-20s when this was made.

This is better than most and if in good condition would retail in a shop around 500/750.  insurance replacement doubles that.

hope this is what you needed

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.