Antique Furniture/Irwin Partners Desk

Question
Irwin Desk
Irwin Desk  

Irwin Stamp
Irwin Stamp  
I have recently come into possession of a a partners desk and two chair set by Royal Furniture Made By Robert W. Irwin Co.  I have been able to research enough online to date the piece between 1926-1927 based on the stamp.  However, finding a value has been very difficult.  I did see this set listed on Ebay for $2500 but it did not sell there.  Any valuation information would be helpful.  Also, any suggestions on the best place to sell this item.

Answer
Hi Kim,

Yes, I do feel your pieces were made in the 1920's since many companies
were producing furniture in the Jacobean style at the time.

As for pricing, you can ask any price, but it does not mean that is what it's worth.
It has been my professional experience that this particular style of furniture
is not what buyers are willing to pay for today.

As a result it has to sell for a lower price to create interest in the
marketplace. I place a value of $450. to $500. on the desk and the chairs
would be $50. to $75. each.

Good luck with them.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III