Antique Furniture/Kittinger chair and ottoman

Kittinger chair/ ottoman
Kittinger chair/ ottom  

Kittinger label on chair
Kittinger label on cha  

My Dad gave me this chair and ottoman a few years ago, his Mom gave it to him in 1980. Obviously the upholstery is pretty beat up, and, well, missing in the case of the ottoman.

I am 100% it's Kittinger; my Dad and Grandma have a decent collection; and he's told me so many times not to get rid of it, but frankly, I want to get rid of it.

It has an embroidered Kittinger label under the cushion of the chair, and a white Kittinger label (shipping label? ("not to be removed by penalty of law... Kittinger, Buffalo)).

I'm guessing it'd cost a fortune to have it appropriately re-upholstered, I'm just curious if it still retains much value? What do you think it's worth as is? How much do you think it would cost to have it properly re-upholstered? (I live in NYC, so that doesn't help that aspect).

Thanks so much!

Hi Sam,

After dealing with Kittinger furniture for almost 40 years her is what I can tell you.

Not wanting to sound like I am condemning your club chair and ottoman,  I can
tell you if they were in perfect condition they would not have any great value.

What I can tell you is that on the secondary market these are not pieces that
todays buyers are looking for.   If you can find an eager buyer looking to
acquire the frames for an upholstery project the two might have a value of
$50. to $75.

Good luck with them.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.