Antique Furniture/Maddox Dining Set

Question
Cabinet
Cabinet  

Cabinet
Cabinet  
Mr. Harrison, we have a Dining Set which belonged to the parents of an elderly family member, so I am guessing it may be from the 1930's or 1940's. It consist of a Large Cabinet with a glass door, a small cabinet with 2 glass doors, a table, and 6 chairs (5 regular and 1 arm). It has Maddox Colonial Reproductions, Jamestown, NY on the back. There is also a sticker, which has Antique Finish and the Pattern 4_23 (could not read the second number) on it. The chairs have the numbers 422-7 and E-105 on the bottom of them.
I was wondering if you may know what the approximate value of the set would be.

Answer
Hi Tom,

Without being able to see the other pieces which you described I can only
speak for the to cabinets.  I believe they were made in the 1920's.

The Maddox brand is of modest quality so there for not have great value
in todays marketplace. Also I can tell you that there are no archives available
to research this furniture. Today it is easier to research higher quality furniture
where there are archives to research.

As for value, the two door bookcase would be valued at $150. $200. and the single
door dining room china cabinet at $250. $275.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III