Antique Furniture/Nursing chair

Nursing chair
Nursing chair  

Nursing chair
Nursing chair  
I am trying to find out information about this nursing chair. It was my grandmother's. I tried to use it when my kids were babies but it squeaked so much they couldn't fall asleep!! Now, I need to either fix it so they can use it for their children or sell it. What do you think the value is??? Thanks, Linda

these style chairs were sold as slipper rockers or bedroom rockers.  rockers will squeek and groan with use.  you can have it completely reglued but wood moves and with heavy use it will once again squeek.

the back is quarter sawn oak veneer made around 1900.

in a shop it would sell as is at 75-125 depending on the type of shop and condition of the surfaces

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.