Antique Furniture/Old vintage victorian sofa and chair

Victorian sofa
Victorian sofa  

Victorian chair
Victorian chair  
Hello, I have a vintage victorian sofa and chair and I was just wondering if it would be worth anything?

As visually nice and as comfortable as these 1920-30s sofas are they do nt bring much money on the market place.

the reason is the cost of uphlostery.  no matter how good it looks or how good the upholstery most folks like to do things in their taste.

if i had one like this and the condition was good-both wood and fabric with good springs, i would just clean it and use it.  you cannot get a more comfortable sofa!

resale in the market place in my area would be tops, 150 for the chair and 450 for the sofa.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.