Antique Furniture/Rockford Dining Set

Question
China cabinet
China cabinet  

sideboard/buffet
sideboard/buffet  
Hello George.
I recently purchased 3 pieces of dining room furniture at an estate sale here in St. petersburg, FL. They are: dining table with 2 leaves, a sideboard/buffet cabinet, and a China cabinet. All pieces match and appear to be mahogany. Inside the China cabinet drawer is a label for Rockford Chair and Furniture Company. All drawers are dovetailed. All hardware is original. I was hoping you could estimate the age and value of said pieces.
Much obliged, Ted.

Answer
Hi Ted,

I trust you were able to purchase these pieces at a favorable price.
The reason being that there is a tremendous amount of mahogany furniture
coming onto the market with very little interest except for the very
high end pieces.

Rockford Furniture was not in the higher reaches of furniture manufacturing.
I would date the pieces to the late 1930's to early 1940's.

As for value the dining table, its range is $275. to $300.  The Buffet would be
in the same range and the china cabinet at $350. to $375.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III