Antique Furniture/Rockford Dining Set

China cabinet
China cabinet  

Hello George.
I recently purchased 3 pieces of dining room furniture at an estate sale here in St. petersburg, FL. They are: dining table with 2 leaves, a sideboard/buffet cabinet, and a China cabinet. All pieces match and appear to be mahogany. Inside the China cabinet drawer is a label for Rockford Chair and Furniture Company. All drawers are dovetailed. All hardware is original. I was hoping you could estimate the age and value of said pieces.
Much obliged, Ted.

Hi Ted,

I trust you were able to purchase these pieces at a favorable price.
The reason being that there is a tremendous amount of mahogany furniture
coming onto the market with very little interest except for the very
high end pieces.

Rockford Furniture was not in the higher reaches of furniture manufacturing.
I would date the pieces to the late 1930's to early 1940's.

As for value the dining table, its range is $275. to $300.  The Buffet would be
in the same range and the china cabinet at $350. to $375.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.