Antique Furniture/Seeking Information and Value

Question
Marble-Topped Dresser
Marble-Topped Dresser  

Marble-Top
Marble-Top  
I inherited this marble-topped dresser from my grandparents and am seeking more information about it.

At this point, I believe it is from the 1880's and is an antique.  It does have a hidden drawer at the bottom.  I looked for markings for company or trade, but was not able to find any.  The bottoms of each drawer actually slide out.  I'm going to be selling it and was wondering it's history and possible resale value.

Any information you may be able to provide would be very helpful and thank you!

Answer
not sure what information you ant or need but hers a start:

these are called cottage dressers, the wood appears to be chestnut or ash, i lean to chestnut, the darker will probably be walnut.  i see this combination from pieces in Virginia.

could be handcut dovetails or it could be Knapp joints.  if Knapp joints that would put the date from 1880-1895.  hand cut dovetails would place it from 1865 to 1880.  with a little overlap.

retail in a good shop it would price at 550.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein