Antique Furniture/Taylor Made Jamestown Table Company

Taylor Made Desk
Taylor Made Desk  

Drawer Pulls
Drawer Pulls  
I read the previously answered posts about the kidney desk, but I didn't see any that matched both the feet and the drawer pulls. I was just wondering if you could date the desk and value of the desk. I'll attach photos to show the Taylor Made Furniture Jamestown, NY, the dovetailed drawers and round v. oval pulls.

Hi Alicia,

Your desk dates to approximately the 1940's.  The feet are referred to as a
French style foot. The brasses are found on many English Regency style pieces
of furniture.

This desk is not what I would consider a reproduction of an earlier period style desk
but rather a piece that the factory dreamed up to meet a demand at the time.

As for value it is not a piece that many of todays buyers are looking for so therefore
I place a value of $225. to $275. for it.

Best Wishes,
George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.