Antique Furniture/Antique Jacobean? furniture early 1900's

Question
Table
Table  

china cabinet
china cabinet  
I am trying to determine the era, type of wood, whether this dining room set is an original or a reproduction.  My Mom who is 94 years old has had this set for over 70 years and the set was given to her by the previous homeowner.  It has the original hardware, 6 chairs, including 1 captain chair.  Any information would be helpful.  The set is extremely heavy. The set consists of the table and 6 chairs, large china cabinet, large buffet cabinet and a small buffet cabinet.  Any information would be helpful.  Thank-you for your time.

Answer
Hi Ellen,

Your pieces date to the 1920's. In viewing the photo of the China Cabinet the wood
appears to be Walnut.  The table appears to be made of Mahogany. I would not refer
to these pieces as being reproduction but rather stylized adaptations of the late
18th century Jacobean style, therefore not antique.

The most valuable piece would be the dining table with its simple clean lines
with a value of $$375. to $450.  The rest of the pieces are not as desirable
and I would value the China Cabinet at $250. to $300. the large buffet at $250.
to $275. and the small Buffet at $200. to $225.   The chairs are valued at $25.
to $45. each.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III