Antique Furniture/antique oak headboard question

Question
head board
head board  
match dresser
match dresser  
QUESTION: Hi Robert, my husband has two sets of antiques from his
grandmother.  One is a queen size headboard with a dresser/mirror that appears to go with it (pics attached).  We have no idea of its background or worth.  I saw your reviews and would appreciate your input if you have time.  The dresser image could not be edited to rotate 90 degrees... I'm sorry about that...

Thank you!

ANSWER: could you use the followup function and post a full view picture of the head board and footboard?  thanks

foot board
foot board  

head board
head board  
QUESTION: Hi Robert, thank you so much for following up... attached are pics with the best views I can provide...

Answer
Made in the USA probably around Grand Rapids as it was the furniture around  when this was made around 1900.

so some is painted and some is not, and i cannot tell the condition of the wood or if the bed is tight and rails fit snugly.  assuming nothing has been altered other than painting--which isnt a bad thing since these days lots of heirlooms and antiquities are being painted to satisfy the current fad,i would place a retail in store value at 650 for the bed and the 450 for the dresser.  all this is predicated on the condition.

the carving is in the eastlake style.  i suspect that the drawer joints are of the Knapp type or scolloped and pegged.

are you sure it is queen size?

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein