Antique Furniture/Stand Up desk?

Question
1
1  

2
2  
Thanks again for your earlier help.  I found this "desk" on the trash last weekend.  It looks like someone sanded it and saved me some work.  Anyway, there are 4 legs and 2 have broken dowels.  This desk would be kind of short, but it is in really good shape...  Is there any value to this?  Since it was free, and sanded, I could try to stain it and use it in my house.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Answer
Hi Ben,

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why this desk was in the trash. To my eye it looks
like a pile of firewood, but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It appears to be a homemade piece with those surface mounted but hinges.
The value would be based on how much time you plan on spending restoring it.
If it were me I would pass.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III