Antique Furniture/kittinger chest

Question
i have two matching kittinger chests or dressers, both are stamped in top drawer, but only on the lower back it says pattern B-402 serial number 140, and the other pattern B-302 serial number 162. trying to find out age and value, they both would need restored, would say in good condition, i acquired these from a 98 year old woman who my wife was her in home nurse, was given as a gift, only known info was that she paid thousands new 50+ years ago. any info would help, can send pics. thanks harry

Answer
Hi Harry,

I am not sure when you say you have two matching Kittinger chests with separate model numbers?

Before I discuss price which can confuse the average person since the pricing today for
pre-owned Kittinger furniture can and will vary dramatically.

The prices for standard Kittinger does not commands high pricing like the pieces that the
company made for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.  The reason is that the Williamsburg
reproductions were made to a higher standard. The other issue is you mentioned that the chests are in need of restoration and that throws up a red flag since original Kittinger
finishes are what the furniture is all about.

Since you did not send photos which I request for evaluation my guess is that your chests
would have a value of $250. to $275. each.

The owner of the chest greatly stretched the truth in saying she paid thousands over 50
years ago. They would have cost in the range of $500.-$600. each at that time.

Best Wishes,

George E.  Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.ccom/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III