Antique Furniture/Knobs


i am trying to find a replacement knob for a Simmons metal dresser.
The knob is 2.5" round and has a zinc finish.
Where can I find one?

unfortunately I have never been able to find an proper replacement for these.

Had to have one made at a machine shop in order to match the size and shape.

to fake it you could use wood and paint it to match the metal ones but finding one in the right size and shape would be near impossible so again you would have to make one in wood then paint.

Antique Furniture

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


robert klein


Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.


I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

Past/Present Clients
They deserve privacy, sorry.

©2017 All rights reserved.