Antique Furniture/Musty smell in "antique" furniture

Hello. I have a Sligh dresser that my daughter bought. It has a musty smell that transfers to clothes stored in it. I have tried many methods of cleaning, to no avail.  I have it in my guest room but don't really want my guests to put their clothes in it because of the odor. Please kindly let me know if you have good suggestions. Thank you very much.

what have you tried and have you cleaned all surfaces even the unfinished and unseen ones?

often bagging the furniture with activated charcoal for 2-3 weeks helps.  or, you could have someone put it in an ozone chamber.  wate and fire cleanup  companies usually have the ozone chambers.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.