Antique Furniture/question on value and style and date

Question
setee view 1
setee view 1  

setee view 2
setee view 2  
Hi
I was wondering if you might be able to tell me approximate date, value and style of this setee. I bought a parlor set, the leather is not in great shape. on the rocker the leather has a rip and it has hay like stuffing over springs.

Answer
Stuffing could be a mix of hay and horse and pig hair.
the style is empire style made around 1900.  wood is oak.

you could try to revive the leather with a good leather conditioner and if you can get to the underside to glue a patch on the tear that would help unless the leather was past revival.  

as it sits it would sell at 300 in a shop, if it is tight.  if the leather were good then it would sell at 750.

Antique Furniture

robert klein