Antique Furniture/question on value and style and date

setee view 1
setee view 1  

setee view 2
setee view 2  
I was wondering if you might be able to tell me approximate date, value and style of this setee. I bought a parlor set, the leather is not in great shape. on the rocker the leather has a rip and it has hay like stuffing over springs.

Stuffing could be a mix of hay and horse and pig hair.
the style is empire style made around 1900.  wood is oak.

you could try to revive the leather with a good leather conditioner and if you can get to the underside to glue a patch on the tear that would help unless the leather was past revival.  

as it sits it would sell at 300 in a shop, if it is tight.  if the leather were good then it would sell at 750.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.