Antique Furniture/What style/era is this couch

Full couch
Full couch  

Couch Leg
Couch Leg  

I recently picked up a couch (that I love) and have been trying to identify what era it is from, but can't find anything quite like it.  my guess is regency style - or at least 1800's, maybe it's just a replica.  But the thing I can't find is couches with these legs, they are like the legs of a curule chair, and all the couches I've found that are similar in style, are described as duncan phyfe style and have legs that curve the opposite direction, although I have found images of duncan phyfe wooden sofa's at Met museum online that have a sort of double curule chair style leg.  I do know that it was re-upholstered, but the wood, I believe, has been left original. Would love any input you have.

I did not mention in the email that this is a fine piece, the detail is very well done.  Wish i could see inside the frame work to determine accurately the date.  Based on the outside 1900-1920s.  but it is possible it is 1890.  have to see tooling and patina to determine closer.

could you find any indication of any old repairs to the front or rear legs or arms?

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.