Antique Furniture/table

My friend found this table at a thrift store.  The label inside the drawer is very clear, CC Carty, Frederick, MD.  Do you have any idea what this table would have been used for?  thanks!  The side semi-circles habe tins that can be removed.

Table was made 1920-40 and is a coffee table with side wells.  This was not an uncommon design at the time when trying to combine a game table and coffee table for multiple use.  the company was a retailer at this time in history.

use antique mahogany Briwax on the table and leather.  you will like the results.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.