Antique Furniture/wood chair

Question
575621061135_n
575621061135_n  
I have an oak chair I picked up from a garage sale that is stamped Mandel Brothers Chicago and I was trying to find pictures of it so I could restore it to its original form.

Answer
This chair would have had the color as it is now showing.  the seat would have been a dark brown or black imitation leather of the time and there would have been a matching gimp around the outside and tacks, usually brass headed ones used to hold it in place.

No way to determine which company manufactured the chair, there were 5000 in operation when this was made around 1890-1900.  The Mandel Brothers was a retail store an did no manufacturing.

hope this helps

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein