Antique Furniture/wood chair

I have an oak chair I picked up from a garage sale that is stamped Mandel Brothers Chicago and I was trying to find pictures of it so I could restore it to its original form.

This chair would have had the color as it is now showing.  the seat would have been a dark brown or black imitation leather of the time and there would have been a matching gimp around the outside and tacks, usually brass headed ones used to hold it in place.

No way to determine which company manufactured the chair, there were 5000 in operation when this was made around 1890-1900.  The Mandel Brothers was a retail store an did no manufacturing.

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.