Antique Furniture/Antique Table with 8 legs maker and era

Question
table legs
table legs  

table top
table top  
We purchased a table from an older gentlemen. We knownothing about antiques but were fascinated with the legs and the carvings. My husband thinks it was machine made but slightly knicks on the edges of some carvings made me question that. Also on the underside the slide work was stamped with a label saying it was made by the Watertown Slide, patented and manufactured by Watertown Table Slide Corporation, Watertown Wisconsin. Then there was an little piece of thick paper with the number 659 hand written and tacked to it and it was color of the stain of the table. I have pictures and hope you can help in identifying this. We want to refinish the top but want to know if that would be ok or a no-no. Thanks

Answer
You will need to retake the second picture without the glare coming in through the window so I can see the top.

As to refinishing the top.  I will answer that when I view the better picture.
Use the followup function to repost two more pictures of the top please.

Table was manufactured in the 1910-1920s.  Generally carving was initiated by machine then chased or 'cleaned up by hand', machine assisted hand carving.  you will see variations in sthe carving just as you can see the difference in the leafy carvings but the fluting would have been only by machine.

The slides were made by watertown but not the table.  There were a few companies that made slides that I know of.

standing by for the photos.

Antique Furniture

robert klein