Antique Furniture/Dining Room Set

Question
LABEL
LABEL  

SET
SET  
This set is available from an estate sale and I have been asked to make an offer.  The seller has no idea how old the pieces are - Just looking for an opinion.

Thank you!

Answer
this is 1920s-early 40 set in what most call duncan phyfe style.  more accurately it is federal and sheraton style.  some say the company operated 1898 till 1953.

table and 4 chairs would sell in a shop at 350/400 retail, china cabinet at 250 retail.  all depends on condition

This from the Hoboken Historical Museum:
Ferguson Brothers Manufacturing Company (founded 1878 in New York City) was was wholesale manufacturer of furniture and accessories located in Hoboken from 1900 until the business closed in 1945. Large factory at Eighth and Monroe Sts., mailing address 832 Monroe St.

http://hoboken.pastperfectonline.com/bysearchterm?keyword=Ferguson+Brothers+Manu

mahogany veneers with base probably sweet gum.

Antique Furniture

robert klein