Antique Furniture/Dough bowl lamp

Question
Dough bowl lamp
Dough bowl lamp  
I have a question about value, age and type of wood. I have what I would call a dough bowl lamp. It has a metal plate on the bottom that is stamped O'Hearn Mfg. Co.  I can't seem to find another one like it. Would you be able to provide me with any info on the lamp. I have background info on O'Hearn and how it came into being. Any info would be helpful. Thank you for your time and knowledge.
Tunie

Answer
We know it was made between the early 30s and mid 60s, that is a pretty tight range for these early American styled items.  I would place the lamp from the mid 30s to the mid 50s.

The wood used in these was generally maple.  impossible to tell from the photo.  if you were to use the followup function and post a close clear picture of the wood grain on a flat surface like the leg, i could be more certain of the species.

They were one of the several companies operating in the Gardner, MA area.

Not sure what you needed to know so if I have not covered it please ask for more specifically when you do your followup with the pictures.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein