Antique Furniture/Duncan Phyfe Sofa Value

Duncan Phyfe Sofa
Duncan Phyfe Sofa  
Can you tell me anything about it's age and value of this Duncan Phyfe Sofa? I am considering selling it.

Thank you for your time!

Duncan Phyfe or Sheraton style.  not a period piece.  but it is a nice one but these do not bring much money on the secondary market due to the cost of someone having it reupholstered to match their furnishings.   It appears that just the outer or presentation covering could be redone.  in that case the top number would be fair retail.  looks to be 1940 vintage

250-450 depending on the location of sale.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.