Antique Furniture/Fan back Windsor chair

Fan back windsor
Fan back windsor  
I found these two chairs at an antique dealer. It looks like both of them have been refinished. They are a fan back Windsor chair with a Sholle's Chicago stamp on the bottom. I was wondering if you can tell me the age of the chair?

Hi Jacob,

Your chairs were most likely made in the 1940's to 1950's.
Being a factory made chair the desirability is less than
if they had been bench-made. As for the painted example
which would be less desirable for this form of chair,
I place a value of $45. to $60. and $65. to $75. for the
stained example. Keep in mind in the world of Windsor
Chairs your chairs are not a desirable form.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.