Antique Furniture/Imperial Furniture CO dining set value

Question
Imperial Co. Tag
Imperial Co. Tag  
Table and Chair
Table and Chair  
QUESTION: I have an Imperial Furniture Co. dining set oval, 3-leaves, 6 side chairs, and 2 arm chairs. It is modern in design and the identification seems to be from the 1956 circa.  
The table needs some restoration as do some of the chair legs. However, the upholstery is in excellent condition.
If possible, could you give me an approximate value for all?
Thank you so much for you help.
Best Regards,
Cathy

ANSWER: Hi  Cathy,

Due to the restoration costs the value of this set is not so great.

The table dis worth $75. to $100. and the chairs would biei $25. to
$30. each.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.ccom/

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your timely response! Two follow up questions if I may:
Any idea who might have designed the set?
Also, you mentioned, "Due to the cost of restoration..." I will be restoring the furniture myself; I am experienced having worked with wood for many years. Having said that, I am not experienced restoring antiques per se. So, if this were in perfect (or near) condition with a hand rubbed finish would it fetch a bit more?

Thank you again for your help.

Answer
Hi Cathy,

Fist off, your furniture is not considered antique since is was made in the 1960's.

Furniture is not considered antique until it is 100 years old or older.

The Imperial brand is not a high quality brand therefore not commanding a high dollar
in the marketplace.

I am not sure what value you place on your labor but If your set were in perfect condition
you might double the original values.

Best Wishes,

George

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III