Antique Furniture/Kindel chest

I have a chest that looks like an antique,has legs, top drawer is divided into two sections,picture of George Washington stamped on inside of drawer with the Kindel name...wondering what the value is.thank you

Hi Angela,

Your Kindel mahogany chest is not an antique since it was most likely made in the 1940's.
To be referred to as an antique it must be 100 years old or older.

Based on the condition in the photo I would value the chest at $150. to $175.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.