Antique Furniture/library table?

Question
table
table  

table legs
table legs  
I have attached pictures of a table I purchased simply because the wood is pretty and the legs are unique.  It measures 48"x32" with a 14" butterfly extension.  There are no markings on the underside of the table except a hand-written 221 at each end.  

Can you guess at the age and purpose of the table?  It seems a little narrow for a dining table but the leaf seems odd for a library table.  Also, can you tell the wood type?

Thanks!

Answer
Table is from the 1910-1920s and it is a dining table.  The woods in the top and apron are walnut veneer, the legs I cannot see the grain clearly are generally sweet gum.  Table has been refinished at some time as originally it would have been darker.  That does not affect value.

In a retail setting with a good smooth finish and structurally tight it would sell around 450$.

hope this is what you needed.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein