Antique Furniture/Paine Dresser with Mirror

Paine 11
Paine 11  

Paine 2
Paine 2  
Hi Robert,
This is my Paine dresser. Can you please tell me the approximate age?  Is it mahogany?  It has a distinct water ring stain on top.  Does that decrease the value much?  I'm thinking of asking $300 for it on Craig's List here in Winston-Salem.  Do you think that's a fair asking price?

Thank You!
Jeannine McCarthy

1910-20.  it is mahogany veneer.  bow fronts are ribbon striped mahogany.  Paine made quality items.

water ring wont hurt at 350 should be an easy sale, fair.

Do you go to the museum often.  the largest collection of southern furniture in the country is there in WS!!  and the very best restorer is there.  Martin O'Brien.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.