Antique Furniture/Paine Dresser with Mirror

Question
Paine 11
Paine 11  

Paine 2
Paine 2  
Hi Robert,
This is my Paine dresser. Can you please tell me the approximate age?  Is it mahogany?  It has a distinct water ring stain on top.  Does that decrease the value much?  I'm thinking of asking $300 for it on Craig's List here in Winston-Salem.  Do you think that's a fair asking price?

Thank You!
Jeannine McCarthy

Answer
1910-20.  it is mahogany veneer.  bow fronts are ribbon striped mahogany.  Paine made quality items.

water ring wont hurt at 350 should be an easy sale, fair.

Do you go to the museum often.  the largest collection of southern furniture in the country is there in WS!!  and the very best restorer is there.  Martin O'Brien.

Antique Furniture

robert klein