Antique Furniture/possible info on piece of funiture

Question
front of furniture
front of furniture  

drawer
drawer  
Wondering about age and value of this piece of furniture. It has been in the family for years. Have not found any marks.

Answer
This is a wonderful walnut and walnut veneer side lock chest.  Eastlake Victorian about 1885-1895.  The drawer joints are Knapp joints or scolloped and pegged.  Knapp invented the machine that makes this joint and it was patented in the 1870s and put into use in the late 1870s until around 1900 when it went out of favor towards machine cut dovetailed. Whenever you see this joint you can be sure it is from 1875-1900.

In a good shop and if this is in good condition it would sell wholesale at 7-800 and retail at 1800-2400.

hope this helps.

Please send me another and better photo for my files.

thanks  

Antique Furniture

robert klein