Antique Furniture/Robert Klein

Question
hathaway dresser
hathaway dresser  
hathaway
hathaway  
QUESTION: Hi Robert, can you tell me is this a 1930's Hathaway dresser.The back of it has both a plate & wood burned identification? Its value also. Thank you

ANSWER: use follow up function and post picture of label without glare and full view picture of dresser

probably 1920s

thanks.

dresser only
dresser only  

plate id
plate id  
QUESTION: I've moved and put the dresser in a my storage unit removing the mirror for safe keeping. So I've sent these pictures because it will be a few days before I can send you a pic of the entire dresser. If your able to help with these great-otherwise please let me know.  Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it.    J

Answer
Hathaways was a retail outlet and did not manufacturer furniture but did contract and sell quality.

dresser is mahogany veneer made in the 1920s.

since there are some condition issues with the surfaces the value presently would be low, however, it appears that a good waxing with antique mahogany color Briwax would turn this into a 450$ dresser retail pricing.

When waxing, remove the drawer pulls first and follow the directions on the can of wax.you will like the results.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein