Antique Furniture/Robert Klein

hathaway dresser
hathaway dresser  
QUESTION: Hi Robert, can you tell me is this a 1930's Hathaway dresser.The back of it has both a plate & wood burned identification? Its value also. Thank you

ANSWER: use follow up function and post picture of label without glare and full view picture of dresser

probably 1920s

dresser only
dresser only  

plate id
plate id  
QUESTION: I've moved and put the dresser in a my storage unit removing the mirror for safe keeping. So I've sent these pictures because it will be a few days before I can send you a pic of the entire dresser. If your able to help with these great-otherwise please let me know.  Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it.    J

Hathaways was a retail outlet and did not manufacturer furniture but did contract and sell quality.

dresser is mahogany veneer made in the 1920s.

since there are some condition issues with the surfaces the value presently would be low, however, it appears that a good waxing with antique mahogany color Briwax would turn this into a 450$ dresser retail pricing.

When waxing, remove the drawer pulls first and follow the directions on the can of will like the results.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.