Antique Furniture/What is my sofa?

Sofa 01
Sofa 01  

Sofa 02
Sofa 02  
I recently bought a sofa and I cannot figure out what kind it is and the approximate age. I assume it is a later reproduction in the Duncan Pfyfe style, but I cannot find anything with those type of legs out there. Can you help me identify the possible brand, age and value of this sofa? Since it has been recovered, I cannot find any labels or tags anywhere.

Hi Jayna,

Yes, your sofa is a reproduction of a Duncan Phyfe style sofa. Back in the 1930's and 40's
every furniture company were reproducing them.  But then the style went out of favor
and it has pretty much remained that way. It is not a very import copy so therefore there
are not archives available to say exactly who made it but who would care.
As for value $200. - $275. is the range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.