Antique Furniture/What is my sofa?

Question
Sofa 01
Sofa 01  

Sofa 02
Sofa 02  
I recently bought a sofa and I cannot figure out what kind it is and the approximate age. I assume it is a later reproduction in the Duncan Pfyfe style, but I cannot find anything with those type of legs out there. Can you help me identify the possible brand, age and value of this sofa? Since it has been recovered, I cannot find any labels or tags anywhere.

Answer
Hi Jayna,

Yes, your sofa is a reproduction of a Duncan Phyfe style sofa. Back in the 1930's and 40's
every furniture company were reproducing them.  But then the style went out of favor
and it has pretty much remained that way. It is not a very import copy so therefore there
are not archives available to say exactly who made it but who would care.
As for value $200. - $275. is the range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III