Antique Furniture/Temple Stuart Hutch

I received the attached Temple Stuart hutch as a wedding gift in 2001. I only recently learned that it is potentially a high end piece of furniture that was refinished as part of the gift process.
How terribly does this affect the piece's value and what could I expect to get for it if I wished to sell it?

Thank you.

Hi Gregg,

I would not consider the Temple Stuart brand to be high-end furniture. Also, I can
tell you that if the refinishing work was not professionally done, the value of
your piece would be less.

In looking at your photo and comparing the finish of the upper back boards on the Hutch
which are consistent in color, when compared to the front of the lower cabinet
showing a much lighter and inconsistent finish.

As far as a value for this piece I feel it is worth $225. to $250.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.