Antique Furniture/Temple Stuart Hutch

Question
Stamp
Stamp  

Front
Front  
I received the attached Temple Stuart hutch as a wedding gift in 2001. I only recently learned that it is potentially a high end piece of furniture that was refinished as part of the gift process.
How terribly does this affect the piece's value and what could I expect to get for it if I wished to sell it?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Gregg,

I would not consider the Temple Stuart brand to be high-end furniture. Also, I can
tell you that if the refinishing work was not professionally done, the value of
your piece would be less.

In looking at your photo and comparing the finish of the upper back boards on the Hutch
which are consistent in color, when compared to the front of the lower cabinet
showing a much lighter and inconsistent finish.

As far as a value for this piece I feel it is worth $225. to $250.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III