Antique Furniture/Value question

Question
Imperial Stamp
Imperial Stamp  

Desk
Desk  
Hello - I am trying to find out what the value of a desk I have that belonged to my grandfather. I don't know when it was purchased but the stamp on the inside middle drawer shows Imperial Desk Co of Evansville IN. Structurally it is in good shape but the surface needs to be restored. The left side has cabinet with typewriter shelf. The drawers on right side lock unless the middle drawer is opened and there is a pull out shelf on the top right. Can you give me an estimate of what it might be worth and also approximate age? Thank you

Answer
1912 to 1966 the company was in operation under that name.

Desk looks to be 1940s vintage.
As to value, once it is waxed and cleaned up it should sell at 450-500.  as it sits 200.

If you buy and use antique mahogany color Briwax on the desk it will clean up and look really nice.  go for it. it is a nice desk

Antique Furniture

robert klein