Antique Furniture/What is the value of my Tomlinson sofa?

Tomlinson sofa
Tomlinson sofa  

Broken leg
Broken leg  
What is the ball park value for my used Tomlinson twin sofa. One back leg is broken off but seems like it would be easy to mend (I had it glued well at one point but came off again during move).  I use a wooden block to hold that corner up, and the broken leg cannot be detected when skirt is down.   Otherwise in fair condition.  Can you give value both in perfect condition, and with the defects (used, broken leg)?  Very curious what I actually have had all these years.  Thanks!

Hi Heather,

Your Thomlinson Sofa is of average quality.  It appears that the rear leg would benefit by
using a dowel to fasten it to the frame preventing it from coming off again.

Once repaired your sofa would have a value of $200. to $250.  As is $50.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.