Antique Furniture/Vintage Dresser- help to identify year and possible value

Dan\'s Dresser
Dan's Dresser  
Hi! Can you help us identify the possible year(s) and approx value for the attached 4 drawer, hand painted dresser (42" high x 34" wide x 19 1/2" deep)? We found a label that says "Sterling Furniture Company" but have been unable to find any match online.  Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Shelly,

Your dresser was made in the 1920's to 1930's.  Due to the condition its value
is somewhat limited to $50. to $75.

Perhaps you might consider either stripping and staining  the chest or painting it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.