Antique Furniture/Warsaw furn mfg co Desk

Warsaw desk
Warsaw desk  

Warsaw desk
Warsaw desk  
Sir I came across this desk with Warsaw Furn Mfg Co stamped on the bottom, never seen one made quit this way before just would like some information on the company , style and etc, things I have found say the company made furniture 20's to 30's, any information would be greatly appreciated.
thanks ron

it is art deco in styling from the 30s.

The first accounting of the Warsaw Ky plant i can find is around 1903, there was an article in the paper about their new steam whistle.  They built good pieces.

then the last i could find was a lawsuit in the mid 1950s.

I recommend not sanding this too aggressively or you will cut through the dye and have trouble getting a good blend when you stain later.  top right side where the veneer is missing will be easy to repair.  A dark or medium mahogany stain will look best.

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.