Antique Furniture/2 imperial pieces

Coffee table
Coffee table  
I have two Imperial pieces that came from  my grandmothers home.  I'm wondering the date possibly that they were manufactured .  One has 796 on the underside and the other has the gold leafing, but no number? Could I get a possible estimate of their worth and possible suggestions on how to restore/clean them in a cost-effective manner?

would you post a picture of the label please.
use the followup function so the thread will remain intact.

The wood is mahogany veneer and the legs probably sweet gum stained mahogany.

for care, buy antique mahogany color Briwax and wax the tables, leather and all wood.

the embossing on the leather is called gold leafing or gilding.  the black embossing is called blind embossing.

will say more once i see the pictures of the label--in focus please.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.