Antique Furniture/antique rocking chair

Question
label
label  
chair
chair  
QUESTION: I have and old rocking chair and would like more info on it.  Label on underside of chair reads P. Derby & Co.

ANSWER: what would you like to know

QUESTION: well possibly the age and if its worth anything also because I would like to get thethe caning fixed on the chair I just wanted to know if it would be worth it to put money into it

Answer
it is a nice chair made around 1890-1900.  it would cost 100 to have it caned but if you did some reading you could do it yourself.

as to condition, it needs some cleaning up, waxing might do it but if not then some work will be involved there.  Derby was a good company and made good items.

this would be called a slipper rocker or a bedroom rocker.

also, rather than cane you could make a cushion to cover the cane.

all fixed ukp adn ready to use it would sell at 250+

thanks, wood is probably oak, the seat is for sure but cant really see the gain in the photo.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein