Antique Furniture/Blanket chest

Question
chest two
chest two  
chest
chest  
QUESTION: We have had in our family for many years this painted chest.  I wonder if it is an antique and/or what the value might be.

ANSWER: use the followup function and post a full view picture of the chast and another of the interior.

thanks

whole chest
whole chest  
QUESTION: I am so sorry I sent you the same picture twice!  The tv on top is SO heavy I can't get it off to take a photo of the interior, but I think it is cedar.

Answer
this would be a decorated blanket or cedar chest made around 1915.  paint and decoration would be original  but it does appear that a gallery is missing from the top--the front post appears to have been cut off flush, often they had a 3-5 inch rise that connected the four corner posts with a gallery around the sides and rear of the top.

all intact it would sell waxed up around 350 in a store.

hope this helps.

is it made by lane?

Antique Furniture

robert klein