Antique Furniture/Carved table

Hi, I would like to find out what year and any information you can give me on this table it has a beautiful carving of a boy sitting on a bench playing a guitar, I think. Under the table edge it has the #420 carved in it that is the only marking. I found one 1920 tea table that looked just like this but did not have the carving on top. I would also like to know its value. Thank you so much for your time.

very nice, it is from the 20s.

recently we restored a table like this, the cost of restoration was 400.  customer did not hesitate so to me that set the price for a similar table in good condition.

In shops the ones i see are in sweet gum.  only once have i seen one in walnut.
cant really see the wood grain in yours to determine but i suspect it is gum.

machine assisted hand work is how the carvings would be described as to method.

hope this is what you needed.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.