Antique Furniture/Childs Rocking Chair

Question
Rocking Chair
Rocking Chair  
rocking chair
rocking chair  
QUESTION: Hello there! First off thanks for any help with this piece. I am trying to date and find a period for this chair. The closest I think I get to is an Empire Rocking chair. It is small so I am unsure if its a childs or salesman sample chair. Just over 24" tall and the rockers are 23" long. The arms do have wooded arm rests, and I wish I could send you another picture of the bottom so you could see the nails and all of its under workings. Any Help would be appreciated. Best Regards!

ANSWER: use the followup function and post two more pictures for me to see

the seat lifts out correct?

thanks

Underside of chair
Underside of chair  

Top view of Chair
Top view of Chair  
QUESTION: I assume the seat would have originally lifted out. It looks like someone has added some pieces of wood and screwed it down.

I am sending a couple more pictures but I am not sure 2 more will do would love to send you a couple more than that if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Answer
Empire style but not empire period.  This appears to be 1890-1900.  

It would be a childs rocker in excellent condition and would have a retail store price of 350++.

I would ask you to do one more thing.  take out the screw holding the front of the seat and send a picutre of it to my email address.

thanks

thanks!!

Antique Furniture

robert klein