Antique Furniture/Quaint Furniture/Stickley Rocker

Metal label
Metal label  

This was a freebie at the curb!  It is missing the four back slats and the bottom rail into which they are placed.  My main concerns are in knowing what type of a seat this rocker originally had, if it had a back cushion and the time period in which it was manufactured. Thank you!

mission rocker.    From theQuaint series of Arts & Crafts/Mission style furniture made by Stickley Brothers 1902-1915.

seat would have been a cushion within a frame, more like an open box about 4-5 inch tall frame or box within which there would have been springs with the fabric and padding covering that frame which all sat in the hole. the frame would not show but would have been covered and sat down inside the seat rails.   would have had inner springs.  no cushion in the back oak slats only.

hope this helps

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.