Antique Furniture/Cavalier Dresser

Question
Cavalier dresser
Cavalier dresser  
Hello....I was wondering if you had any info on this dresser?  It was given to me by a friend (abt 50 yrs old?) whose mom won it in a grade school spelling bee.  The tag says "Cavalier - fine furniture since 1865."  I'm a furniture painter but don't want to de-value this piece as it's obviously an antique if it was worth something?  Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Amy,

Your dresser appears to have been made in the 1930's during the Art Deco period.
It is not an antique since it would have to be 100 years old to qualify.

Personally I would not paint the chest and hide all the beautiful wood. I would
have the top front edge professionally repaired  and polish it up.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III